VMware ( VMW) pushed the Computer Software & Services industry higher today making it today's featured computer software & services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, VMware rose $1.01 (1.4%) to $72.02 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,020,956 shares of VMware exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,565,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $70.82-$72.42 after having opened the day at $70.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $71.01. Other companies within the Computer Software & Services industry that increased today were: TSR ( TSRI), up 10.0%, Glu Mobile ( GLUU), up 8.1%, Bally Technologies ( BYI), up 7.0% and Konami Corporation ( KNM), up 5.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full VMware Ratings Report.
- Use our computer software & services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.