Newmont Mining Corporation ( NEM) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Newmont Mining Corporation rose $0.88 (3.2%) to $28.45 on average volume. Throughout the day, 9,375,744 shares of Newmont Mining Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9,480,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $27.73-$28.74 after having opened the day at $27.78 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.57. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: SMF Energy Corporation ( FUEL), up 38.7%, Atlatsa Resources ( ATL), up 14.4%, Lone Pine Resources ( LPR), up 13.3% and Apco Oil and Gas International ( APAGF), up 12.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Newmont Mining Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.