REDWOOD CITY, Calif., July 16, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced the general availability of PowerCenter Express, increasing its leadership in data integration by expanding Informatica's end-to-end offering. Download PowerCenter Express here. With the general availability of PowerCenter Express, Informatica is the only vendor whose offerings cover the continuum of data integration and data quality requirements end-to-end - all powered by the Informatica Vibe virtual data machine allowing organizations of all sizes to "Map Once. Deploy Anywhere." Informatica will conduct a webinar on July 31 to present a live demo of PowerCenter Express and Informatica's end-to-end data integration story - register here. Informatica is the only vendor to provide the full spectrum of solutions from cloud-based integration and hybrid IT, to departmental offerings, through to enterprise-class data integration for big data built upon a single architecture - the Vibe virtual data machine. Applauded by early-access users - 95 percent of whom say they would recommend it to a friend - PowerCenter Express addresses the entry-level data integration needs of enterprise departments and small or mid-sized companies. The "Map Once. Deploy Anywhere." technology unique to Vibe allows Informatica customers to map data integration logic once, and then deploy it on-premise, in the cloud, on Hadoop, in batch or real-time, without having to make code changes. This means that mappings created in PowerCenter Express can be deployed without recoding in Informatica Cloud or Informatica PowerCenter Enterprise, and to Hadoop for big data projects. The Vibe-powered Informatica solution set for data integration encompasses:
- PowerCenter Express - Offering entry-level data integration and profiling for departments and small or mid-market businesses, which is downloadable and running in under 10 minutes. PowerCenter Express deploys on premise and turns even novice developers into integration experts via a drag-and-drop interface and "cheat sheets" that guide users through integration tasks.
- Informatica Cloud - Delivering SaaS application integration for cloud and hybrid IT environments. Provides near universal connectivity for integrating cloud to on-premise applications, with integration support ranging from modest data extractions to the data synchronization of systems.
- PowerCenter Enterprise - Provides enterprise-class capabilities for integrating mission-critical data processes into daily business activity. Deploys on premise for powering virtual data integrations, and batch or real and near-real time physical data integrations on nearly any scale. Supports big data deployments on Hadoop without hand coding.
According to surveyed users:
- 95 percent would recommend PowerCenter Express to friends.
- 80 percent plan to use its broad selection of database connectors.
- 36 percent intend to use its social media connectors - a clear indication of the growing value of social data in a business context.
- 90 percent of those expecting to do in-line data profiling will be doing sophisticated rule-based profiling.
- 53 percent will use the mid-stream data viewer feature to see what happens to data during each transformation and prior to deploying.
- PowerCenter Express is generally available starting today for download on the Informatica Marketplace.
- PowerCenter Express Personal Edition supports a single user and is available free of charge.
- PowerCenter Express Professional Edition supports up to five users and is priced at $8,000 per user/per year. For more information, view the video on YouTube.
- For a free 30 day trial of Informatica Cloud please visit the Informatica Cloud site.
- To learn more about the Informatica Cloud Editions and how companies are running Informatica Cloud for cleansing, integrating, automating, synchronizing and replicating click here.
- "Today when I'm speaking with customers, time and time again they agree that data is their killer app and is the path to unleashing information potential within their organization," said Marge Breya, executive vice president and CMO, Informatica. "What companies are struggling with is how to access, aggregate and manage data, not only within their own systems, but also via social channels and other external sources to gain a complete picture of their customers. Only Vibe, which is the central building block for PowerCenter Express through the PowerCenter Big Data Edition, can handle the scale, diversity and accessibility needed for a true information network which is essential to harness the power of data today and for years to come."
- "Today customers are drowning in data," said Stewart Bond, senior consulting analyst at Info-Tech Research Group. "Organizations are struggling with managing and making sense of the data and most importantly having trusted data at their fingertips that they can make business decisions with. With the recent introduction of PowerCenter Express, departments and SMBs can experience the benefits of Informatica's strengths in data integration and quality management, now at an attractive price point. PowerCenter Express, combined with the capabilities of Informatica Vibe virtual data machine, are helping organizations from SMBs through the largest enterprise, accelerate their big data projects and gain a competitive advantage with their data."
Note:Informatica, Informatica Vibe, Informatica PowerCenter Express, Informatica Cloud, Informatica Marketplace, Informatica PowerCenter Enterprise, and Informatica PowerCenter are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective
CONTACT: Debbie O'Brien Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 5735 +1 650 995 6736 - mobile firstname.lastname@example.org Stephanie Wakefield Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 5261 email@example.com