Cablevision Systems Corp. (NYSE: CVC) today announced faster speeds for all residential Optimum Online broadband customers at no additional cost. Optimum Online’s faster broadband product tiers make songs download faster, gaming more exciting and movies stream seamlessly. In addition, the company has introduced new Optimum Online broadband product tiers that are designed to offer the right speeds for every type of user and include Optimum Online, Optimum Online Ultra 50 and Optimum Online Ultra 101. Optimum Online Ultra 50 more than triples Internet speeds of the company’s core broadband offering, Optimum Online, for just an additional $4.95 per month. “This is the most widespread broadband speed increase in our company’s history, and we have upgraded our online service at no additional cost. Our new streamlined tiers will satisfy even the most bandwidth-hungry households. With the proliferation of tablets and smart phones, customers may want more bandwidth to accommodate all of their devices connecting to the Internet at the same time,” said Gemma Toner, Cablevision’s senior vice president of broadband product management. “Optimum Online delivers the ultimate Internet experience with fast speeds, great value and free access to the nation’s largest WiFi network with more than 80,000 hotspots in the Tri-State area.” The three new tiers were designed to offer the right speeds for every type of user:
- Optimum Online: Speeds up to 15 Mbps downstream and 5 Mbps upstream -- perfect for the customer with two or three devices online at once. Includes automatic sign-in for five mobile devices to connect to Optimum WiFi.
- Optimum Online Ultra 50: For only $4.95 more than Optimum Online, customers get triple the speeds with up to 50 Mbps downstream and 25 Mbps upstream. This is the ideal tier for households with four to ten devices online at once. Customers can easily use the Optimum App, play an online game and stream movies at the same time. Ultra 50 customers can auto-authenticate 10 mobile devices to Optimum WiFi.
- Optimum Online Ultra 101: With speeds of up to 101 Mbps downstream and 35 Mbps upstream the power user can stream Netflix, Amazon and Hulu accounts all at once, while also using the Optimum App and playing online games. Additionally Ultra 101 customers can auto-authenticate 15 devices on Optimum WiFi.
Additional features of Optimum Online include:
- Optimum WiFi: Free WiFi access at more than 80,000 Optimum hotspots throughout the Tri-State area, which allows customer to save on expensive cellular data charges. Depending on level of service, customers can auto-authenticate five to 15 devices.
- Optimum.net: The portal’s new design allows customers to get the most from all of their Optimum services.
- Email: Optimum Online includes five optimum.net email accounts, each with 2GB of storage. Both Optimum Online Ultra 50 and Ultra 101 provide 15 email accounts, each with 5GB of storage.
- Protection with Online Security: Customers have PC protection with Internet security, including anti-virus, firewall and parental control software.
- Free Access to Newsday: Optimum Online customers get full access to Newsday.com and the Newsday app.