Randgold Resources ( GOLD) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Randgold Resources fell $1.61 (-2.4%) to $64.64 on average volume. Throughout the day, 832,087 shares of Randgold Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 998,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $64.22-$65.76 after having opened the day at $65.33 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $66.25. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Sibanye Gold Ltd ADR ( SBGL), down 41.6%, Crosshair Energy ( CXZ), down 13.3%, Tasman Metals ( TAS), down 6.9% and Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), down 6.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Randgold Resources Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.