Mercadolibre ( MELI) pushed the Internet industry lower today making it today's featured Internet laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 2.1%. By the end of trading, Mercadolibre fell $4.86 (-4.3%) to $108.53 on average volume. Throughout the day, 723,435 shares of Mercadolibre exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 586,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $107.75-$110.89 after having opened the day at $109.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $113.39. Other companies within the Internet industry that declined today were: MeetMe ( MEET), down 6.7%, Mediabistro ( MBIS), down 5.7%, ChinaNet Online Holdings ( CNET), down 5.6% and Phoenix New Media ( FENG), down 3.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Mercadolibre Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.