Ingredion ( INGR) pushed the Food & Beverage industry lower today making it today's featured Food & Beverage laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Ingredion fell $6.89 (-9.9%) to $62.57 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,346,642 shares of Ingredion exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 448,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $62.35-$65.74 after having opened the day at $65.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $69.46. Other companies within the Food & Beverage industry that declined today were: Castle Brands Incorporated ( ROX), down 4.9%, Alico ( ALCO), down 4.3%, Primo Water ( PRMW), down 3.9% and Omega Protein Corporation ( OME), down 2.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Ingredion Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.