MBIA ( MBI) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, MBIA fell $0.17 (-1.2%) to $13.70 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,071,921 shares of MBIA exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,758,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $13.66-$13.95 after having opened the day at $13.93 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.87. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Siebert Financial Corporation ( SIEB), down 7.5%, Broadway Financial ( BYFC), down 7.1%, InnSuites Hospitality ( IHT), down 6.7% and Sussex Bancorp ( SBBX), down 6.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full MBIA Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.