Alexion Pharmaceuticals ( ALXN) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Alexion Pharmaceuticals fell $6.33 (-5.5%) to $107.93 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4,625,663 shares of Alexion Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,464,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $107.39-$115.15 after having opened the day at $115.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $114.26. Other companies within the Drugs industry that declined today were: Mast Therapeutics ( MSTX), down 35.9%, Tranzyme ( TZYM), down 6.9%, Biostar Pharmaceuticals ( BSPM), down 6.2% and Prima Biomed ( PBMD), down 6.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Alexion Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.