Dean Foods Company ( DF) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Dean Foods Company fell $0.21 (-2.0%) to $10.37 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3,294,825 shares of Dean Foods Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,931,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $10.34-$10.68 after having opened the day at $10.58 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $10.58. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: Ingredion ( INGR), down 9.9%, Female Health Company ( FHCO), down 6.9%, Orient Paper ( ONP), down 5.0% and Castle Brands Incorporated ( ROX), down 4.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Dean Foods Company Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.