Valero Energy Corporation ( VLO) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Valero Energy Corporation fell $0.48 (-1.3%) to $35.38 on light volume. Throughout the day, 5,496,139 shares of Valero Energy Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,449,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $35.24-$36.05 after having opened the day at $35.94 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.86. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Sibanye Gold Ltd ADR ( SBGL), down 41.6%, BMB Munai ( BMBM), down 20.6%, Crosshair Energy ( CXZ), down 13.3% and MagneGas Corporation ( MNGA), down 9.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Valero Energy Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.