XL Group ( XL) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, XL Group rose $0.39 (1.2%) to $32.40 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,864,933 shares of XL Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,300,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $31.91-$32.43 after having opened the day at $32.07 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.01. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Crawford & Company ( CRD.B), up 15.6%, Crawford & Company ( CRD.A), up 9.2%, American Independence Corporation ( AMIC), up 6.3% and Independence Holding Company ( IHC), up 4.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full XL Group Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.