Bank of New York Mellon ( BK) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Bank of New York Mellon rose $0.63 (2.1%) to $30.69 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,672,735 shares of Bank of New York Mellon exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,114,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $30.18-$30.72 after having opened the day at $30.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.06. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Taylor Capital Group ( TAYC), up 19.0%, Altis Resident ( RESI), up 17.3%, Bank Bradesco ( BBDO), up 16.3% and Crawford & Company ( CRD.B), up 15.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Bank of New York Mellon Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.