Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO), the world leader in serving science, today announced that five of its analytical instruments were included on the R&D Magazine list of the year’s top 100 technology innovations. The R&D 100, known as the “Oscars of Innovation,” span industry, academia, and government-sponsored research. “We take pride in providing our customers with advanced technologies to solve their most difficult challenges,” said Marc N. Casper, president and chief executive officer of Thermo Fisher Scientific. “This recognition of our commitment to innovation highlights the success of those efforts across our analytical technologies portfolio.” The Thermo Fisher winners are:
- Thermo Scientific TruNarc analyzer, a handheld device that allows narcotics officers, customs agents and other law enforcement professionals to analyze narcotics and drugs of abuse at the scene, without the need to open packages or touch the substance in question.
- Thermo Scientific Nicolet iS50 spectrometer, the first research-grade Fourier transform infrared (FT-IR) spectroscopy workstation with one-touch automation. The iS50 enables users of various skill levels to obtain results at the push of a button in applications ranging from drug and polymer development to forensic analysis and art conservation.
- Thermo Scientific iCAP Q, an inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP-MS) system designed to be a rugged workhorse instrument for environmental, clinical research, pharmaceutical, food safety, metals and geochemical laboratories conducting both routine and complex elemental analyses.
- Thermo Scientific EASY-Spray, which combines a separation liquid chromatography column, heater, high-voltage electrode and emitter into one ready-made assembly for protein and peptide mass spectrometry analysis. A unique connector design significantly reduces the risk of leaks when studying peptides and other biomolecules.
- Thermo Scientific Dionex ICS-4000, the first integrated high-pressure ion chromatography (HPIC) system that combines three detectors – electrochemical, charge, and conductivity – in a small footprint occupying minimal bench space for use in environmental, food and beverage, chemical and pharmaceutical analyses.
About Thermo Fisher ScientificThermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $13 billion, we have 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit www.thermofisher.com.