FXCM Inc. (NYSE: FXCM) today announced certain key operating metrics for June 2013 for its retail and institutional foreign exchange business. Monthly activities included: June 2013 Retail Trading Metrics
- Retail customer trading volume (1) of $396 billion in June 2013, 1% higher than May 2013 and 25% higher than June 2012. Volume from indirect sources was 46% of total retail volume (1) in the second quarter 2013. Retail customer trading volume (1) for the second quarter 2013 was $1.15 trillion, 11% higher than the first quarter 2013, and 33% higher than the second quarter 2012.
- Average retail customer trading volume(1) per day of $19.8 billion in June 2013, 16% higher than May 2013 and 31% higher than June 2012.
- An average of 558,628 retail client trades per day in June 2013, 12% higher than May 2013 and 35% higher than June 2012.
- Tradable accounts(2) of 190,998 as of June 30, 2013, a decrease of 6,508 accounts, or 3% from May 2013, and a decrease of 14,113 accounts, or 7%, from June 2012. In June 2013, FXCM charged a dormancy fee for the FXCM LLC clients that have not been active in over one year. Active accounts(3) were 182,225 as of June 30, 2013, an increase of 2,604 accounts, or 1% from May 2013, and an increase of 8,007 accounts, or 5%, from June 2012.
- Institutional customer trading volume (1) of $184 billion in June 2013, 4% lower than May 2013 and 14% higher than June 2012.
- Average institutional trading volume (1) per day of $9.2 billion in June 2013, 10% higher than May 2013 and 20% higher than June 2012.
- An average of 40,604 institutional client trades per day in June 2013, 3% higher than May 2013 and 126% higher than June 2012.
These factors should not be construed as exhaustive and should be read in conjunction with the other cautionary statements that are included in this presentation and in our SEC filings. FXCM Inc. undertakes no obligation to publicly update or review any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise, except as required by law.About FXCM Inc. FXCM Inc. (NYSE: FXCM) is a global online provider of foreign exchange (forex) trading and related services to retail and institutional customers world-wide. At the heart of FXCM's client offering is No Dealing Desk forex trading. Clients benefit from FXCM's large network of forex liquidity providers enabling FXCM to offer competitive spreads on major currency pairs. Clients have the advantage of mobile trading, one-click order execution and trading from real-time charts. FXCM's U.K. subsidiary, Forex Capital Markets Limited, also offers CFD products with no re-quote trading and allows clients to trade oil, gold, silver and stock indices along with forex on one platform. In addition, FXCM offers educational courses on forex trading and provides free news and market research through DailyFX.com. Trading foreign exchange and CFDs on margin carries a high level of risk, and may not be suitable for all. Read full disclaimer.