- A main screen with a new, easy-to-read and -search guide and interface that enables fast, one-click access to a variety of video content and allows customers to access a host of information about the programs they’re watching and related programming;
- The ability to search TV listings, DVR recordings, and Xfinity On Demand for content simultaneously;
- Weather, sports and real-time traffic apps, all specially designed and scaled for use on a TV screen (X1 DVR boxes also include Pandora and Facebook apps);
- An enhanced remote control for the X1 DVR box that’s highly responsive and does not have to be pointed straight at the box to work; and
- The ability to display the highest resolution supported by many new TVs, 1080P at 60 frames per second.
X1 Remote app lets customers control X1 via motions, gestures, and voice controlThe new companion X1 Remote app (available for free for the iPhone and iPod Touch devices via the iOS app store), lets customers use motions, gestures and voice commands to control the X1. For example, customers can actually swipe their iPhones or iPod Touches to page through the interactive TV guides and program personalized short-cuts and favorites (“Quick Links”). They can also shake their devices to pause On Demand content and even use voice commands to navigate the guide and search for content. In addition, X1 lets customers search through tens of thousands of programming choices using either their iPhones’ or iPod Touches’ virtual keyboards, or they can simply say into these devices, “Show me all action movies on HBO.” The app also has the ability to filter content by genre, whether it’s offered in high-definition, and other criteria, as well as control the DVR and interact with X1’s social media tools and apps. To order X1 and for more Information X1 is available at no additional charge to upgrading and new customers who order select Xfinity Triple Play packages with HD/DVR service. For more information about the Xfinity service or the X1 platform, call 1-800-XFINITY or visit www.xfinity.com. To view a video about X1, visit: http://xfinity.comcast.net/x1/. Comcast expects to offer the new X1 platform to additional markets throughout Florida in the coming months. For additional information on the X1 platform, go to http://www.comcast.com/x1 About Comcast Cable Comcast Cable is the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone provider to residential customers under the XFINITY brand and also provides these services to businesses. Comcast has invested in technology to build an advanced network that delivers among the fastest broadband speeds, and brings customers personalized video, communications and home management offerings. Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) is a global media and technology company. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.