NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of B+. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 166.66% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 99.28% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, WHR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- WHIRLPOOL CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WHIRLPOOL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $5.06 versus $4.96 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($9.70 versus $5.06).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Household Durables industry average. The net income increased by 173.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $92.00 million to $252.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$305.00 million or 27.89% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, WHIRLPOOL CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -100.53%.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.