NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries (NYSE: TEVA) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of B. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,102.00 million or 45.76% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TEVA PHARMACEUTICALS has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -12.05%.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.56, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Despite the fact that TEVA's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.55, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for TEVA PHARMACEUTICALS is rather high; currently it is at 60.78%. Regardless of TEVA's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 12.85% trails the industry average.
- TEVA PHARMACEUTICALS's earnings per share declined by 23.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TEVA PHARMACEUTICALS reported lower earnings of $2.24 versus $3.08 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.02 versus $2.24).
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.