To help businesses of all sizes increase productivity and reduce document management costs, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, has announced the availability of Therefore™ information management solution, which gives employees the ability to capture, archive, retrieve, edit and process documents quickly and efficiently. Able to integrate with a wide variety of third-party applications, Canon’s imageRUNNER ADVANCE multifunction devices, existing imageRUNNER models and imageFORMULA DR scanners, Therefore™ can be implemented as part of a comprehensive end-to-end information management and workflow solution. “The proliferation of data created in today’s businesses can create challenging document and overall information management practices that are often inefficient and cause employees to waste valuable time searching for documents or information they know exist but cannot find. This decreases productivity for the entire organization,” said Sam Yoshida, vice president and general manager, Marketing, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A. “By streamlining the way information is stored and processed, Therefore™ can be a key component of a smart information management strategy.” Canon offers several editions of Therefore™ to address the needs of different sized businesses and IT environments. Therefore™ Personal (for individual users), Therefore™ Workgroup (for small companies or departments), Therefore ™ Essentials (for small to medium companies), and Therefore™ Enterprise (for medium and large organizations with multiple document workflows) are all server-based solutions with different user and paper-capture license options. Therefore™ Online, which will be available later, is a cloud-based solution that provides much of the functionality of the Therefore™ Enterprise edition, but offers a subscription-based model for organizations that don’t want to support an on-premise server, yet desire the convenience of having their data stored, backed up and available in the cloud through a hosted service provider. No matter which edition a customer selects for their unique business needs, they will be able to take advantage of these key features:
- Information Capture: information can be placed into the Therefore™ system either by using a document scanner or by directly uploading electronic documents. Documents and files from a wide variety of file formats can then be classified, indexed and archived using the Therefore™ Capture Client or the Therefore™ Content Connector.
- Find & Edit: The Therefore™ Navigator enables users to easily find information, either by performing a full text search similar to popular search engines, or by using specific index data associated with the document that is being sought. The Therefore™ Viewer is used to view, edit, and check in/out documents. Documents and files can be opened and edited in their familiar, native applications, making it easy for users to make revisions.
- Security: Therefore™ helps to securely store information and offers complete control over document and file access. Permission settings are easily configurable and highly customizable, ensuring that only authorized persons are given access to view and/or modify specific documents. Additional security features include audit trails, version control, digital signatures and retention policy compliance.
- Workflows: Therefore™ Workflow, available with Therefore™ Essentials Edition, Enterprise Edition and Therefore™ Online, enables the design and optimization of document or information business processes – automating how information is routed throughout an organization. Each employee knows what task they need to complete, the date it’s due, and who’s next in the process. Managers can monitor the progression of the workflow process and administrators can view the entire system to identify potential bottlenecks.
- Mobility: Therefore™ Web Access enables remote access of the Therefore™ system via the most popular web browsers. The Therefore™ Mobile App (for iPhone® or iPad® mobile online devices, and Android™ devices), available for download on the App StoreSM or Google Play™, allows users to search and view documents and participate in workflows, all from their mobile device. With Therefore™ Anywhere, users can take documents offline and edit them when away from their network. Once reconnected, all changes are automatically synchronized to the system.
- Integration: Therefore™ integrates with many different applications, programs, and solutions, including Canon’s uniFLOW, Windows® Explorer, Microsoft® Office, Microsoft® SharePoint, SAP NetWeaver and many third-party scanning solutions, such as Kofax Capture®, eCopy™ ShareScan® and eCopy™ PDF Pro Office™. Therefore™ also integrates with popular e-mail clients such as Microsoft® Outlook, Microsoft® Exchange Server and IBM Lotus Notes®.
AvailabilityUsing Canon’s MEAP (Multifunctional Embedded Application Platform), Therefore™ can be integrated with Canon’s imageRUNNER ADVANCE series, existing imageRUNNER devices and imageFORMULA DR scanners. It is now available across the United States through Canon authorized dealers. Prices are set by individual dealers and may vary depending upon version purchased, number of licensed users, and implementation services provided. For more information, please visit www.usa.canon.com/software. About Canon U.S.A., Inc. Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $40 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2012† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2013. In 2012, Canon U.S.A. received the PCMag.com Readers’ Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the ninth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past two years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. About Therefore Corporation Based in Austria, the Therefore Corporation creates technology that works for people by providing innovative information management software. Therefore was founded in 2003 as ADOS and was renamed Therefore in 2009. Helping make companies more successful across a range of key sectors and industries, Therefore offers solutions that unite printing and scanning devices, existing IT systems and process strategies to improve control, efficiency, and boost productivity. For more information, please visit www.therefore.net. †Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.