2. -- The economic calendar in the U.S. Tuesday includes the Consumer Price Index for June at 8:30 a.m. EDT, industrial production and capacity utilization for June at 9:15 a.m., and the NAHB Housing Market Index for July at 10 a.m.
3. -- U.S. stocks on Monday gained for an eighth day on Monday as Citigroup's ( C) better-than-expected second-quarter profit offset a slowdown in U.S. retail spending and broader growth in China, the world's second-largest economy. The S&P 500 rose 0.1% to close at 1,682.50 while the Dow Jones Industrial Average added 0.1% to 15,484.26. The Nasdaq advanced 0.2% to 3,607.49.
4. -- Goldman Sachs ( GS) is expected by analysts to report on Tuesday second-quarter earnings of $2.82 a share on revenue of $7.98 billion. A year earlier, the investment bank posted profit of $1.78 a share.
5. -- Coca-Cola ( KO), the world's biggest soft drinks maker, is forecast to report earnings of 63 cents a share in the second quarter on revenue of $12.96 billion.
6. -- Wall Street expects Johnson & Johnson ( JNJ), the health care giant, to report second-quarter earnings of $1.39 a share on revenue of $17.71 billion. Shares of J&J have gained more than 28% in 2013.
7. -- Yahoo! ( YHOO), the Internet company, reports earnings after the closing bell Tuesday and analysts expect second-quarter earnings of 30 cents a share. Tuesday marks the one-year anniversary of the arrival of Marissa Mayer as CEO at Yahoo! The stock has risen more than 70% since she took over the top spot.
8. -- Baidu ( BIDU), China's leading search engine company, said it would buy 91 Wireless, a smartphone apps distributor, for $1.9 billion. 91 Wireless operates two smartphone app distribution platforms in China.
9. -- Dell ( DELL) shareholders vote Thursday to decide the PC maker's fate and the vote is too close to call, according to The Wall Street Journal, which cited people involved with the voting. Shareholders are voting on the company's $24.4 billion sale to Michael Dell, founder and CEO, and private-equity firm Silver Lake Partners. One of Dell's largest stockholders, T. Rowe Price Associates, on Monday affirmed its opposition to existing terms of the proposed sale to Michael Dell and Silver Lake.
10. -- Yoenis Cespedes, the Oakland A's outfielder, defeated Bryce Harper of the Washington Nationals 9-8 in the final of the Home Run Derby on Monday night. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.