Safeway ( SWY) pushed the Services sector lower today making it today's featured Services laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Safeway fell $0.35 (-1.4%) to $24.55 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,798,469 shares of Safeway exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,005,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $24.46-$24.93 after having opened the day at $24.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24.90. Other companies within the Services sector that declined today were: Lee ( LEE), down 12.3%, RealD ( RLD), down 9.9%, ALCO Stores ( ALCS), down 7.2% and Envoy Capital Group ( ECGI), down 6.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Safeway Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.