Dollar General Corporation ( DG) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Dollar General Corporation fell $1.88 (-3.4%) to $53.77 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 7,577,138 shares of Dollar General Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,341,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $53.45-$54.40 after having opened the day at $54.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $55.65. Other companies within the Retail industry that declined today were: ALCO Stores ( ALCS), down 7.2%, Bon-Ton Stores ( BONT), down 4.4%, Restoration Hardware Holdings ( RH), down 3.8% and Sears Holdings Corporation ( SHLD), down 3.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Dollar General Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.