Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold ( FCX) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold fell $0.48 (-1.7%) to $28.05 on light volume. Throughout the day, 11,748,331 shares of Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 19,327,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $27.91-$28.50 after having opened the day at $28.45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $28.53. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Sibanye Gold Ltd ADR ( SBGL), down 42.9%, Asanko Gold ( AKG), down 25.6%, Gold Resource ( GORO), down 15.0% and China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), down 10.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.