United Continental Holdings ( UAL) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, United Continental Holdings rose $0.60 (1.9%) to $31.44 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,888,771 shares of United Continental Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,668,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $30.59-$31.68 after having opened the day at $30.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.84. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Era Group ( ERA), up 28.1%, Sino-Global Shipping America ( SINO), up 7.0%, Rand Logistics ( RLOG), up 3.9% and DryShips ( DRYS), up 3.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full United Continental Holdings Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.