Citigroup ( C) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Citigroup rose $0.67 (1.3%) to $50.71 on average volume. Throughout the day, 25,564,493 shares of Citigroup exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 30,464,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $49.93-$50.84 after having opened the day at $50.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.04. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Altis Resident ( RESI), up 16.4%, Republic Bancorp ( RBCAA), up 14.2%, Millennium India Acquisition Corporation ( SMCG), up 12.0% and QIWI PLC ADR ( QIWI), up 10.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Citigroup Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.