Applied Materials ( AMAT) pushed the Electronics industry higher today making it today's featured electronics winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Applied Materials rose $0.17 (1.0%) to $16.66 on light volume. Throughout the day, 10,291,144 shares of Applied Materials exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14,493,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $16.43-$16.66 after having opened the day at $16.46 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.49. Other companies within the Electronics industry that increased today were: Netlist ( NLST), up 18.2%, Spreadtrum Communications ( SPRD), up 12.5%, Revolution Lighting Technologies ( RVLT), up 10.7% and Himax Technologies ( HIMX), up 8.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Applied Materials Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.