Progressive Corporation ( PGR) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Progressive Corporation fell $0.28 (-1.1%) to $25.74 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,161,631 shares of Progressive Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,009,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $25.31-$25.98 after having opened the day at $25.87 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.02. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: Aegon ( AEG), down 2.2%, Life Partners Holdings ( LPHI), down 1.8%, Atlas Financial Holdings ( AFH), down 1.6% and CNinsure ( CISG), down 1.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Progressive Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.