SunTrust Banks ( STI) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, SunTrust Banks fell $0.59 (-1.7%) to $33.34 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,609,956 shares of SunTrust Banks exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,577,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $33.27-$34.45 after having opened the day at $34.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.93. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Broadway Financial ( BYFC), down 25.7%, Credit Suisse ( DSLV), down 15.6%, Roberts Realty Investors ( RPI), down 7.4% and ProShares UltraShort DJ-UBS Commodity ( CMD), down 7.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full SunTrust Banks Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.