Ultra Petroleum Corporation ( UPL) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.6%. By the end of trading, Ultra Petroleum Corporation fell $0.23 (-1.1%) to $20.78 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,177,216 shares of Ultra Petroleum Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,399,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $20.41-$21.30 after having opened the day at $21.17 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.01. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Sibanye Gold Ltd ADR ( SBGL), down 38.9%, China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), down 18.3%, Crosshair Energy ( CXZ), down 12.0% and BioAmber ( BIOA), down 7.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Ultra Petroleum Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.