Wal-Mart Stores ( WMT) pushed the Retail industry higher today making it today's featured retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Wal-Mart Stores rose $0.86 (1.1%) to $77.63 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4,643,308 shares of Wal-Mart Stores exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,476,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $77.33-$77.75 after having opened the day at $77.45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $76.77. Other companies within the Retail industry that increased today were: Builders FirstSource ( BLDR), up 9.4%, Stein Mart ( SMRT), up 8.9%, E-Commerce China Dangdang ( DANG), up 6.5% and Destination Maternity ( DEST), up 4.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Wal-Mart Stores Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.