Akamai Technologies ( AKAM) pushed the Internet industry higher today making it today's featured internet winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.6%. By the end of trading, Akamai Technologies rose $0.98 (2.2%) to $44.50 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,830,273 shares of Akamai Technologies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,578,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $43.72-$44.61 after having opened the day at $43.91 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.52. Other companies within the Internet industry that increased today were: Friendfinder Networks ( FFN), up 7.7%, MeetMe ( MEET), up 7.1%, China Finance Online ( JRJC), up 6.8% and Tremor Video ( TRMR), up 6.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Akamai Technologies Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.