Travelers Companies ( TRV) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Travelers Companies rose $1.13 (1.4%) to $82.70 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,575,522 shares of Travelers Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,111,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $82.14-$82.86 after having opened the day at $82.54 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $81.57. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: China Life Insurance ( LFC), up 8.2%, Independence Holding Company ( IHC), up 6.4%, eHealth ( EHTH), up 6.3% and American Independence Corporation ( AMIC), up 5.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Travelers Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.