Covidien ( COV) pushed the Health Services industry higher today making it today's featured health services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Covidien rose $1.30 (2.2%) to $59.35 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,561,798 shares of Covidien exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,371,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $58.71-$59.38 after having opened the day at $58.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $58.05. Other companies within the Health Services industry that increased today were: Rockwell Medical ( RMTI), up 15.7%, Oculus Innovative ( OCLS), up 10.5%, Trius Therapeutics ( TSRX), up 9.6% and Arrhythmia Research Technology ( HRT), up 9.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Covidien Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.