Valeant Pharmaceuticals International ( VRX) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Valeant Pharmaceuticals International rose $2.27 (2.5%) to $92.47 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,727,273 shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,921,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $90.87-$92.50 after having opened the day at $91.26 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $90.20. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Rexahn Pharmaceuticals ( RNN), up 16.8%, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals ( ALNY), up 15.8%, Rockwell Medical ( RMTI), up 15.7% and Bacterin International Holdings ( BONE), up 14.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.