Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras ( PBR) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras rose $0.91 (7.4%) to $13.20 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 34,098,549 shares of Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 17,475,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $12.56-$13.29 after having opened the day at $12.76 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $12.29. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: BPZ Resources ( BPZ), up 13.8%, Sonde Resources ( SOQ), up 10.8%, Houston American Energy Corporation ( HUSA), up 7.7% and Whiting USA Trust I ( WHX), up 7.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.