Vertex Pharmaceuticals ( VRTX) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Vertex Pharmaceuticals rose $3.06 (3.8%) to $84.70 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,450,792 shares of Vertex Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,537,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $81.86-$84.78 after having opened the day at $82.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $81.64. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Rexahn Pharmaceuticals ( RNN), up 16.8%, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals ( ALNY), up 15.8%, Rockwell Medical ( RMTI), up 15.7% and Bacterin International Holdings ( BONE), up 14.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Vertex Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.