Sony Corporation ( SNE) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Sony Corporation rose $0.43 (2.0%) to $22.20 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,603,154 shares of Sony Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,989,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $22.05-$22.25 after having opened the day at $22.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.77. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: Furniture Brands International ( FBN), up 5.9%, Fortune Brands Home & Security ( FBHS), up 5.2%, Global-Tech Advanced Innovations ( GAI), up 4.1% and Select Comfort Corporation ( SCSS), up 3.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Sony Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.