Suncor Energy ( SU) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.6%. By the end of trading, Suncor Energy rose $1.16 (3.8%) to $31.72 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,357,690 shares of Suncor Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,191,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $30.84-$31.79 after having opened the day at $31.03 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.56. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Minco Gold Corporation ( MGH), up 19.4%, Golden Star Resources ( GSS), up 17.5%, Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), up 14.3% and BPZ Resources ( BPZ), up 13.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Suncor Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.