Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc., (GMCR) (NASDAQ: GMCR), a leader in specialty coffee and single serve beverages with its innovative Keurig® brewing technology, today announced the launch of its latest breakthrough, the Keurig® BOLT™ Carafe Brewing System. The first of its kind, the commercial grade Keurig® BOLT™ system offers users the ability to brew a 64-ounce pot of coffee in approximately two minutes, bringing the innovation, speed, convenience and quality that Keurig® single cup brewing systems are known for to higher volume brewing.
“Our away from home customers are demanding a simpler and faster way to brew a high-quality pot or batch of coffee,” said Michelle Stacy, President, U.S. Commercial at GMCR. “Extending the Keurig value proposition from cup to carafe with the addition of the Keurig BOLT system allows us to target that incremental need of away-from-home customers, giving us multiple ways to address opportunities in this high-priority growth channel for the Company. We also see opportunity for both Keurig BOLT and our single serve offerings in the same office, depending on the beverage needs in different areas and at varying dayparts, thereby increasing our single cup penetration.”Following extensive laboratory testing and focus-group research, in-office testing of Keurig® BOLT™ with select customers in the U.S. begins this month. The Keurig® BOLT™ system, including Keurig® BOLT™ packs, will be available throughout the U.S. and Canada through limited Keurig Authorized Distributors beginning in late fall 2013. Keurig® BOLT™ Brewer Features
- Brews a half-gallon (64 ounces) pot of coffee in approximately two minutes, compared with a brew time of over four minutes with the leading 120V commercial office coffee brewers
- Innovative Keurig® BOLT™ thermal carafe maintains the ideal combination of taste, freshness and temperature for up to two hours
- Plumbed system with fully programmable color touchscreen featuring auto on/off, temperature control between 187 and 197 degrees Fahrenheit and language selection (English/French/Spanish)
- UL-approved for commercial use and National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) certified for foodservice environments
- Each Keurig® BOLT™ pack, which resembles a larger Keurig® Vue® pack or Keurig® K-Cup® pack, contains the right amount of coffee needed to brew a high-quality half-gallon pot of coffee
- Pre-measured packs are sealed to keep coffee fresh and alleviate the need for messy filters and clean-up
- Keurig® BOLT™ packs offered will include brands representing a mix of GMCR’s most popular offerings, including Green Mountain Coffee® ; The Original Donut Shop™ ; Timothy’s World Coffee®; Tully’s®; and Van Houtte® coffees.
- The Keurig® BOLT™ packs’ plastic cups are made from polypropylene/#5 plastic, and can be separated from the lid and filter and recycled wherever polypropylene/#5 plastics are accepted.** Keurig® BOLT™ system users should check with their local municipality or waste hauler or visit www.boltrecycling.com for more information on recycling options in U.S. communities.
- Keurig® BOLT™ Carafe Brewing System: www.keurig.com/bolt
- Keurig® BOLT™ Recycling: www.boltrecycling.com
- Supporting slides for investors can be found at http://investor.gmcr.com/events.cfm
Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements. We undertake no obligation to update or revise publicly, any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as may be required by law.GMCR – C