Best Buy ( BBY) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Best Buy fell $1.26 (-4.2%) to $28.47 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 10,732,615 shares of Best Buy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,432,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $28.03-$29.53 after having opened the day at $29.46 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.73. Other companies within the Retail industry that declined today were: RadioShack ( RSH), down 7.2%, U.S. Auto Parts Network ( PRTS), down 7.1%, Acorn International ( ATV), down 4.9% and Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage ( NGVC), down 4.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Best Buy Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.