Nucor ( NUE) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Nucor fell $0.63 (-1.4%) to $44.16 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,160,322 shares of Nucor exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,044,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $43.77-$44.97 after having opened the day at $44.82 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.79. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Sibanye Gold Ltd ADR ( SBGL), down 45.6%, Crosshair Energy ( CXZ), down 21.9%, Lake Shore Gold ( LSG), down 8.3% and Minco Gold Corporation ( MGH), down 7.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Nucor Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.