American Express ( AXP) pushed the Financial Services industry lower today making it today's featured Financial Services laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, American Express fell $1.28 (-1.6%) to $76.33 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,740,421 shares of American Express exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,720,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $75.94-$77.57 after having opened the day at $77.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $77.61. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that declined today were: PowerShares DB Multi-Sector Commodity Tr ( AGA), down 4.0%, China Ceramics ( CCCL), down 3.4%, Carlyle Group ( CG), down 3.1% and Cash Store Financial Services ( CSFS), down 2.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full American Express Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.