Newell Rubbermaid ( NWL) pushed the Consumer Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Durables laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Newell Rubbermaid fell $0.27 (-1.0%) to $26.64 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,837,899 shares of Newell Rubbermaid exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,456,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $26.41-$26.97 after having opened the day at $26.88 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.91. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that declined today were: SGOCO Group ( SGOC), down 10.3%, Kid Brands ( KID), down 4.4%, Cobra Electronics Corporation ( COBR), down 2.2% and A. T. Cross Company ( ATX), down 2.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Newell Rubbermaid Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.