Phillips 66 ( PSX) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Phillips 66 fell $2.42 (-4.1%) to $56.09 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,802,506 shares of Phillips 66 exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,049,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $55.94-$58.63 after having opened the day at $58.41 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $58.51. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Sibanye Gold Ltd ADR ( SBGL), down 45.6%, Crosshair Energy ( CXZ), down 21.9%, Lone Pine Resources ( LPR), down 10.7% and Lake Shore Gold ( LSG), down 8.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Phillips 66 Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.