American Electric Power ( AEP) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, American Electric Power rose $0.85 (1.9%) to $45.42 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,403,111 shares of American Electric Power exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,373,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $44.52-$45.48 after having opened the day at $44.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.57. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: U.S. Geothermal ( HTM), up 5.0%, American Midstream Partners ( AMID), up 2.8%, Chesapeake Utilities ( CPK), up 2.6% and Companhia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado De ( SBS), up 2.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full American Electric Power Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.