PetSmart ( PETM) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, PetSmart rose $1.10 (1.6%) to $70.63 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,204,389 shares of PetSmart exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,255,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $69.46-$70.80 after having opened the day at $69.52 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $69.53. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: Birks & Mayors ( BMJ), up 23.6%, Vitamin Shoppe ( VSI), up 4.3%, Big 5 Sporting Goods Corporation ( BGFV), up 3.7% and Francescas Holdings ( FRAN), up 3.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full PetSmart Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.