Molycorp ( MCP) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Molycorp rose $0.98 (16.1%) to $7.08 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 17,026,397 shares of Molycorp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,006,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $6.14-$7.10 after having opened the day at $6.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.10. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), up 22.2%, Ossen Innovation ( OSN), up 20.0%, Quest Rare Minerals ( QRM), up 18.0% and Avalon Rare Metals ( AVL), up 15.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Molycorp Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.