Louisiana-Pacific ( LPX) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Louisiana-Pacific rose $0.53 (3.4%) to $16.20 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,258,461 shares of Louisiana-Pacific exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,235,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $15.68-$16.45 after having opened the day at $15.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.67. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: Homex Development ( HXM), up 7.0%, Caesarstone Sdot-Yam ( CSTE), up 6.0%, Goldfield ( GV), up 5.8% and Tri-Tech ( TRIT), up 5.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Louisiana-Pacific Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.