Allergan ( AGN) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Allergan rose $2.07 (2.4%) to $89.32 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,133,067 shares of Allergan exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,963,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $87.75-$89.42 after having opened the day at $87.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $87.25. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: USMD Holdings ( USMD), up 26.1%, Inovio Pharmaceuticals ( INO), up 24.6%, American Shared Hospital Services ( AMS), up 20.1% and China Pharma ( CPHI), up 14.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Allergan Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.