Amgen ( AMGN) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Amgen rose $3.73 (3.8%) to $102.06 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,129,559 shares of Amgen exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,731,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $98.02-$102.33 after having opened the day at $98.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $98.33. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Inovio Pharmaceuticals ( INO), up 24.6%, China Pharma ( CPHI), up 14.9%, Pharmacyclics Incorporated ( PCYC), up 12.0% and Prosensa ( RNA), up 10.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Amgen Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.